I guess you can’t be a missionary in a new culture without getting sick. And now that we have crossed that bridge I hope we don’t have to cross it again. Please keep our health in your prayers as being sick really slows the work we do down, and it makes it more difficult to carry on with day-to-day tasks.
About a week and a half ago, I came down with what I thought was traveler’s diarrhea, but after a week of that I finally went to the doctor. There is a very good clinic here for us with a British doc; he diagnosed me as having salmonella. This is of course, after I provided a stool sample, a new experience for me. (If this is too much info, just skip to the next posting.) I got some meds and I feel as good as new. Interestingly enough I think I gave myself salmonella after trying my hand at cutting up some bone-in chicken.
Then just yesterday, Andrew seemed very run down and exhausted. After a trip to the same doc, Andrew was diagnosed with a case of strep throat. He is on some antibiotics, resting and getting plenty of fluids and he is feeling a little better.
Please pray for Anderson as we hope he doesn’t have to get sick like his mom and dad. I think he will probably do better than both of us, as his main source of nutrition is breast milk, which he can’t get salmonella from, and it’s full of antibiotic properties… Praise the Lord for his oversight in seeing Anderson would prefer this to eating at 9 months of age.
Have a great day-
Nicholle Franke
5/17/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you are both on the mend. I got Salmonella just before our wedding (cooking chicken myself too) and wouldn't wish it on anyone. I love hearing about your life changing journey and cannot wait to see you all when you return. We pray for you all often, especially Anderson.
I think our first year here in the Middle East one of us was sick throughout the entire year. It sucks. It got better after a year though.
Nothing as interesting as Salmonella though!
Love the blog and have posted a ref over at islamdom.blogspot.com
Blessings. BTW Baby #2 is a girl and due in Sept. Not sure if you all knew.
Post a Comment