Through a friend and another friend (missionaries are all connected this way) I found out about an ex-pat mom’s playgroup. Anderson and I have been twice. It’s every Thursday morning across town. We pay more for the transport there, than for the group, which costs just over a dollar. The transport costs between $4 and $10. The group is a broad sweep of women from Europe, the USA, and Uganda. Each mom or nanny brings her child, aged 5 months to 4 years old. We meet and sing, and then network and ask each other questions about simple mom things, like where to get the cheapest diapers, while our children play. I have found the group very kind and inviting, some churches could learn from this group.
I think our Thursday outing will be a regular event barring any sickness, just for the chance to meet and catch up with new friends. And it doesn’t hurt that Anderson has a blast playing instruments and meeting new little kids.
Thanks again for reading-
Nicholle Franke
5/17/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey guys! I'm catching up on your posts and am sorry to hear of your illnesses. Yuck! Nicholle I'm so happy to hear about your playgroup. Mommy-networking is invaluable, especially when there are so many little tips you can pick up from each other. It's also great to be involved like this stuff before the kids are in school. Without our participation in these kinds of things I often wonder how I'd really make friends! It would be fun to see what Andrew's office looks like. And any pics of Anderson are always fun. :) The other day we were getting the boys ready for a bath and I asked Carter if he wanted to take a bath with Mason. He said, "Yes, and Anderson." Good memory! Love and miss you guys.
hi, Nicholle...i just now discovered you and andrew's blog...it's been a really long time, but i just want you to know that i am so happy to see pictures of you and your beautiful son Anderson and i hope that the Lord continues to bless all of your work in Uganda for the next few months. a team from my church was actually just in your area a few weeks ago--i wonder if you saw them.
i miss you.
Post a Comment