7/1/07

Anderson's Arm

Well, I guess every parent must face something in their child’s life they are completely responsible for and could have prevented if they had been watching them more closely. That is our sin as of late. Anderson is an extremely curious boy. It doesn’t help that not only can he get everywhere, he has figured out how to stand on his toes and hold on to things to reach something that only recently were slightly out of reach. Well, just this week, he found the water cooler in the Coffee Bar Andrew is setting up. Usually we don’t have power mid-afternoon, but on this particular day it was turned on. So our heads were both turned working on other things and Anderson pulled the hot water nozzle on the water tank. It produced a stream of scalding hot water on his arm. He has one blister and a few other burns. He seems fine with the whole thing now. We are using silvereye cream and some gauze bandages with a little doze of twice and sometimes three times daily cleanings with hydrogen peroxide. Plus, some children’s ibuprofen and he seem to be fine. I will remember this always and he won’t unless I tell him; which I am seriously debating when that will be…

Nicholle Franke

No comments: